A case for Peter Dutton, Dept of Immigration : Robert Chelliah's admission that information has been withheld in the matter of Sirul Azhar

by Ganesh Sahathevan
Australian migration agent Robert Chelliah's statement to The Australian with regards the matter of Villawood detainee Sirul Azhar:
"..I will be forced to reveal the nature of conversations he had with me and that we had with his Malaysian lawyers..":;

repeated in his own words in an email (copied below) to Steven Gan of Malaysiakini and other media :

“Should my professional assistance to Sirul gets politicised than I would have to reveal some aspects of my conversation with Sirul in order to  protect my professional integrity, that has withstood the span of 26 years, on the nature of the  advice I gave Sirul..”

is an admission that not all has been revealed to the Minister and Department  Of Immigration in the matter of Sirul's application for a protection visa.
As for his claim  to some form of professional privilege, suffice to say that a call girl with clients in the  legal profession  has  a batter chance of success in sustaining (no pun intended) that defense. 
As mentioned before, it is time the chinless one (Peter Dutton)   made a public statement about this debacle.
For reference see 
Sarawak Report says Villawood detainee coerced into making taped statement while in custody: Dutton, SERCO ,accused of running Villawood like a Thai prison
END 










On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Robert K Chelliah <rkc@austmigration.com.sg> wrote:
Dear Steven
I do not these people looped in this email that landed in my inbox originating from someone under hallucination.

Please allow me to correct the misconception carried by Malaysiakini  on todays (16/02/2016) Malaysiakini “ Now, Migration Consultant threatens to tell on Sirul” . I used no such threatening language. What I said to the Australian reporter was that “Should my professional assistance to Sirul gets politicised than I would have to reveal some aspects of my conversation with Sirul in order to  protect my professional integrity, that has withstood the span of 26 years, on the nature of the  advice I gave Sirul..”  
Contrary to what the media and others on the fringe may say I am still governed by the Code of Conduct  for the Migration Agents that is prescribed in the Migration Act 1958 and the Migration Regulation 1994. This Code of Conduct comes with the  full force of law, requires me to maintain confidentiality of the details of conversation between me and the clients. This I am committed to. Secondly I am committed to act in the best interest of the client while maintaining the integrity of the Migration laws
Based on the above,  I did brief the reporter and Mr. Sidhu  that my advice to Sirul in was aspects of the Migration laws applicable for the application of  Bridging Visa E . This visa enables someone under detention to be released temporarily into the community until the application for the main protection visa is resolved.  It  required me to be candid and  explain to him that notwithstanding his conviction for murder and warrant of arrest that he is under, it would be an uphill task for him to be released into the community unless he satisfies the Minister of his  Character under Section 501 of the Migration Act and this process may end up in the higher courts of Australia. This requires him to put in writing under what mitigating circumstances he committed the offence to reduce the gravity of “mia culpa” if the Minister of Immigration has to be persuaded that it is safe for his temporary release into the community.. This of course requires him to go into specific details including the motive for the murder. He was midway doing this when the agendas of others stoped him and his intended application for bridging Visa E stopped on track.
I carry no secret that should cause discomfort to others other than to my role to assist Sirul and the Solicitor for the best outcome within the framework of the Australian Migration Act 1958
Finally what fringe lunatics hallucinating under nonexistence facts and circumstances may say about my connection to the Malaysian government I state unconditionally that I have non whatsoever . The   course of my professional role will continue until it is formally terminated or the case comes to its final conclusion.

I would be grateful if you could get this true position published.


logoROBERT K CHELLIAH
DIRECTOR
AUSTRALIAN MIGRATION AGENTS PTY LTD
Migration Agents Registration No. 9254011 (Registered since 1992)
Recruitment Agent Licence No. 2079

Australia: 143 Coolibah Drive, Greenwood 6024 - Tel 61(0)8 92464088
Aust Mobile Phone+61- (0) 412173502
Malaysia: 7A/08 , PJ8 , Jalan Barat, Petaling Jaya, Selangor ,
Mal Mobile: ++60 123482961
Singapore: Robert Chelliah & Associates Pte. Ltd.
Sing Mobile: ++65 82234805
Please check out my Internet TV Channel and download the FREE phone and FREE shopping wizard while you are there.
THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL
Information contained in this email is intended for the use of the addressee only, is confidential and may be legally privileged. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without prior permission of the sender is strictly prohibited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ben Robert-Smith : How was Justice Anthony Besanko of the Federal Court able to find that the crime of murder has a civil twin, which can be determined on a balance of probabilities

Who authorised former NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller to say anything about the Berejiklian era quarantine fee and why? Fuller's notice confirms suspicion that NSW Berejiklian government had no basis to impose the quarantine fee, nor quarantine persons who were COVID negative 

Revenue NSW COVID Quarantine Fee payment demand notices suggest that Police Commissioner Mick Fuller breached the law with his demand for quarantine fees